N. 12/2017 -
Closing Date for the submission of interest: September 15, 2017
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) Mission in Serbia has opened the recruitment process for the national posts of "Child Facilitator" within the framework of the UNICEF funded project "Child friendly spaces / Mother and Baby Corner – support to refugee children". The main objective of the project is: Psycho-social support, emergency supplies and access to protection, education and information rights to refugee children and their families provided through Child Friendly Space and Mother and Baby Corners in up to eight Reception Centres in Serbia.
Position Title: Child facilitator
Duration: 3 months
Duty Station: Asylum Center Krnjaca
- Establish contacts with families in order to inform them about all existing planned activities in the Child Friendly Space, as well as contribution and benefits that CFS could provide to children and parents;
- Supervise and support children's play activities;
- Ensure a safe and child-friendly atmosphere within the Child Friendly Space;
- Organizes creative, educational, recreational workshops on a daily basis for refugee children on duty stations, conducts a daily visual assessment of the children and ensures a variety of structured games and activities within the Child Friendly Space, catering to the needs of children of different ages, genders and abilities;
- Ensure that children feel comfortable, safe and respected;
- Liaise with parents and the community regularly to keep them informed of any developments or problems within the Child Friendly space and surrounding areas;
- Submitting a written and statistic reports to the CFS Coordinator on a daily basis;
- Actively contributes to non-formal education activities, including but not limited to - development of weekly education plans, adapting education plans to the needs and constraints of the target group and facilitation of the non-formal education program itself.
- Actively contributes, in close cooperation with Serbian Commissariat for Refugees and Migrations, to activities related to formal education of children, including but not limited to - escorting children to and back elementary/secondary schools, providing assistance to school teachers in inclusion of beneficiaries into formal education, keep abreast with children school programme and providing key inputs for creating synergy with non-formal education program (catch-up classes, homework groups, one-to one coaching, educational workshops etc.),serve as information focal point regarding status of children enrolled into formal education.
Qualification and skills:
• Bachelor degree in Teacher Training Faculty, Pedagogy, Psychology, Special Education, Social Sciences or similar - MA preferred;
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English;
• Commitment to work long hours in the field;
• Familiarity with child rights, as part of human rights protection, displacement situations;
• Culture, gender, age sensitivity;
• Computer skills.
- Proven experience in working with children in similar activities;
- Relevant working experience in the sector;
- Proven experience in non-formal/formal education will be considered as an asset.
Method of application:
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to email@example.com with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and a motivation letter in English (not exceeding three pages). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.