HEAD OF FINANCE
Closing Date for submission of interest: 25 June 2017
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) Mission in Serbia has opened the recruitment process for the Head of Finance who will be directly responsible for ensuring that DRC Programs operate in accordance with DRC's operational standards as expressed in the DRC Operations Handbook and other guidelines in the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system.
Position Title: Head of Finance
Duty Station: Belgrade
- Providing support to the Country Director and the Senior Management Team of DRC Serbia in liaising with donors and government officials, especially as relates to issues of compliance, registration, and audit;
- Overall planning, budget and control of expenditures for shared operational costs, as well as coordination of budgeting and expenditure related to program implementation;
- Supervision, audits and controlling and direct implementation of actions related to the DRC standards for operations. This includes, among other things, preparation of all financial reporting and supervision of financial procedures, including the monthly schedule for financial reporting to Country Director (CD) and HQ, donor reporting and audits, cash flow and liquidity management, legal framework and reporting relations to national authorities;
- Ensuring that the monthly accounting process (cashbook) is done within the set deadlines, send to CD and HQ and that the quality is up to DRC’s standards;
- Leading systems development and roll out of systems already developed in close cooperation and coordination with DRC's headquarters. This includes tools for monitoring shared expenditures, donor co-funding and decentralized book keeping and grants management systems;
- Developing annual fiscal year budgets with the Programme Managers and implement grant budgeting and forecasting systems with Programme Managers;
- Preparing quality financial reports for HQ review and ensure timely submission to the donors;
- Supervising the work of Finance Officers in filing / coding voucher entries, payments, banking and other routines operations as delegated to them;
- Supporting the planning and monitoring of the financial overview of salaries (expatriated staff) in co-ordination with DRC CPH;
- Focal point for the sharing and implementation of new tools and procedures related to the finance system;
Qualification and skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economy, Accounting or Finance or Business Administration;
• Proficient in standard computer applications and various accounting and financial management software;
• Proven working knowledge of Microsoft Navision and Microsoft Dynamics 365 financial software will be an advantage;
• Strong computer skills, highly proficient with Excel;
• Proficiency in English (written and oral) is required;
• Excellent interpersonal skills (analytical, negotiation, advocacy and communication skills) are required and demonstrated ability to establish effective team and external relations, working with different groups and nationalities.
• At least 12 years’ experience in financial management;
• At least 6 years’ financial management experience working for/supervising an International or medium-size National NGO, including demonstrated ability to set up operational management systems in a large programme and direct experience of delivery of humanitarian programme in an emergency and development response;
• At least 6 years’ experience working on financial management and reporting on major International Donors projects, such as EU, UNHCR, UNICEF and others, with extensive proven knowledge on International Donors rules and procedures;
• Solid experience in managing large budgets for multiple donors;
• Extensive knowledge of Serbia financial procedures and national Labour Law procedures;
• Proven knowledge of International and National procurement procedures;
• Proven experience as Team leader of a financial team would be an advantage.
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and a motivation letter in English (not exceeding three pages). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.