N. 08/2017 -
Closing Date for submission of interest: 20 June 2017
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) Mission in Serbia has opened the recruitment process for the national posts of "Recreational Facilitator" within the framework of the UNICEF funded project "Child friendly spaces / Mother and Baby Corner – support to refugee children". The main objective of the project is: Psycho-social support, emergency supplies and access to protection and information rights to refugee children and their families provided through Child Friendly Space and Mother and Baby Corners in up to eight Reception Centers in Serbia.
Position Title: Recreational Facilitator
Duration: 2 months
Duty Station: Vranje/Bujanovac/Presevo
- Assess the recreation requirements of the beneficiaries;
- Communicate with refugee children and youth to detremine their needs and interests;
- Prepare and implement recreational activities schedules;
- Handle development and implementation of programs according to age and capability of beneficiary group;
- Schedule, lead and supervise recreational activities;
- Encourage beneficiaries to participate in activities by showing them how they are done;
- Ensure a variety of sport and recreation programs are planned and implemented;
- Provide participants with lists of rules and regulations for each activity that they are involved in;
- Assist with and facilitate local involvement in recreational activities within RAP Vranje;
- Provide reports about recreation programs and activities.
Qualification and skills:
• Bachelor degree in Sport and , Physical Education; A relevant work experience may substitute for the formal education;
• Medium level in written and spoken English;
• Commitment to work long hours in the field;
• Good interpersonal skills; Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with multidisciplinary groups, and culturally diverse populations;
• Monitoring and Reporting skills;
• Culture, gender, age sensitivity;
• Computer skills.
- Minimum one year of relevant work experience.
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to email@example.com with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and a motivation letter in English (not exceeding three pages). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.