VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT N. 2/2017 – Medical Doctor
Closing date for the submission of interest: January 31, 2017
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) Mission in Serbia has opened the recruitment process for the national posts of "Medical doctor" within the framework of the UNHRC funded project "Support to refugees and asylum seekers in Serbia".
Position Title: Medical Doctor
Duration: 2 months (with possibility of extension)
Duty Station: Belgrade
- As a medical doctor, to supervise the medical teams and monitor access of persons of concern to health-care services;
- As a medical doctor, to undertake consultation with the medical teams regarding the medical condition and treatment of persons of concern;
- As a medical doctor, to do medical assessment of persons of concern with specific medical needs in close cooperation with the medical teams and to ensure treatment within the national health-care system;
- Conducting referrals and follow–up of persons of concern with specific medical needs in close cooperation with the medical teams and the National health-care system, as well as with organizations supporting refugees and persons in need of international protection;
- As a medical doctor, to analyse the information came from the field and prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports;
- Performs any other duties as assigned by Medical Program Coordinator.
Qualification and skills
• Bachelor degree in Medicine (University degree);
• Written and spoken proficiency in English and Serbian;
• Monitoring and reporting skills;
• Good knowledge of refugee/migration issues;
• Culture, gender, age sensitivity;
• Advanced computer skills;
• Valid driving license.
Method of application:
All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and a motivation letter in English (not exceeding three pages in total). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.