N.15/2019 - RECREATIONAL FACILITATOR - VRANJE
Closing Date for submission of interest: 16 July 2019
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) Mission in Serbia has opened the recruitment process for the national posts of "Recreational Facilitator" within the framework of the IOM/MADAD funded project „EU support to Serbia and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia in managing migration/refugee crisis/Balkan route. “
Position Title: Recreational Facilitator
Duration: 2 months with the possibility of extension
Duty Station: Reception Center Vranje
• Assess the recreation requirements of the beneficiaries;
• Communicate with refugee children and youth to determine their needs and interests;
• Handle development and implementation of programs according to age and capabilities of beneficiary group;
• Schedule, lead and supervise recreational activities;
• Encourage beneficiaries to participate in activities;
• Ensure a variety of sport and recreation programs are implemented;
• Provide participants with lists of rules and regulations for each activity that they are involved in;
• Assist with and facilitate involvement of local community in recreational activities;
• Organize and set up the equipment that is used in recreational activities;
• Provide reports about recreation programs and activities.
Qualification and skills:
• Bachelor degree related to sport or high school education with strong relevant experience;
• Good command of English (written and spoken);
• Ability to work flexible working hours;
• The ability to provide safe and effective child development activities;
• Culture, gender, age sensitivity;
• Computer literate, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• At least 2 years of professional experience in working with children;
• Strong connections with recreational/sport clubs, sport professionals and sport community;
• Experience in organizing recreational activities for a large group of children.
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to email@example.com with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and one-page motivation letter in English, including at least two contacts for references. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
"DRC recognizes the personal dignity and rights of children, towards whom it has a special responsibility and a duty of care and respect. This role falls under DRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy, which can be found at DRC.DK. As this role includes regular contact with children, the successful candidate will be asked to provide a criminal record check issued by an official law enforcement body."