INTERPRETER FOR FARSI
Closing Date for submission of interest: 11. January 2019
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which provides help and protection to refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. The Danish Refugee Council is currently working in more than 30 countries around the world. Our work with refugees and internally displaced persons ranges from emergency aid to promotion and implementation of solutions, addressing root-causes.
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) has opened the recruitment process for the national post of the „Interpreter for Farsi “ within the IOM/MADAD funded project „EU support to Serbia and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia in managing migration/refugee crisis/Balkan route.“
Position Title: Interpreter for Farsi.
Duration: 6 months
Duty Station: Belgrade.
• Translating from Farsi into English and/or Serbian in support of the Protection Officers, Child Protection Officers/Child Facilitators, Medical program and Distribution Officers;
• Simultaneous and consecutive translation from Farsi to Serbian and / or English and vice versa;
• Actively contributes to non-formal education activities,
Qualification and skills:
• Must be able to translate Farsi into English and/or Serbian and vice versa, Pashto or Urdu languages would be an asset;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Willingness to work flexible hours;
• Good organizational skills;
• Strong sense for humanitarian situation and cultural sensitivity including familiarity with child rights, as part of human rights protection, displacement situations.
• Good basic computer skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in translation or jobs requiring fluency in Farsi,
• Experience in translation or jobs requiring Pashto and / or Urdu as strong asset.
• At least 1 year of professional experience in working with children;
• Proven experience in non-formal/formal education will be considered as an asset.
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and one-page motivation letter in English, including at least two contacts for references. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
"DRC recognizes the personal dignity and rights of children, towards whom it has a special responsibility and a duty of care and respect. This role falls under DRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy, which can be found at DRC.DK. As this role includes regular contact with children, the successful candidate will be asked to provide a criminal record check issued by an official law enforcement body."