Closing Date for submission of interest: 5 December 2018
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) Mission in Serbia has opened the recruitment process for the national posts of "Recreational Facilitator" within the framework of the UNICEF funded project "Child friendly spaces – support to refugee children". The main objective of the project is: Psycho-social support, emergency supplies and access to protection and information rights to refugee children and their families provided through child friendly space.
Position Title: Recreational Facilitator.
Duration: 1 month
Duty Station: Asylum Center Sjenica.
• Assess the recreation requirements of the beneficiaries;
• Communicate with refugee children and youth to determine their needs and interests;
• Prepare and implement recreational activities schedules;
• Handle development and implementation of programs according to age and capability of beneficiary group;
• Schedule, lead and supervise recreational activities;
• Encourage beneficiaries to participate in activities by showing them how they are done;
• Ensure a variety of sport and recreation programs are planned and implemented;
• Provide participants with lists of rules and regulations for each activity that they are involved in;
• Assist with and facilitate local involvement of community in recreational activities;
• Organize and set up the equipment that is used in recreational activities;
• Provide reports about recreation programs and activities.
Qualification and skills:
• Bachelor degree related to sport or high school with strongly relevant experience;
• Professionally understand (read and write) English;
• Ability to work flexible working hours;
• The ability to provide safe and effective child development activities;
• Culture, gender, age sensitivity;
• Computer literate, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• At least 1 to 2 years' professional experience in working with children;
• Strong connections with recreational/sport clubs, sport professionals and sport community;
• Experience in organizing recreational activities for children in the community.
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and one page motivation letter in English, including at least two contacts for references. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
"DRC recognizes the personal dignity and rights of children, towards whom it has a special responsibility and a duty of care and respect. This role falls under DRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy, which can be found at DRC.DK. As this role includes regular contact with children, the successful candidate will be asked to provide a criminal record check issued by an official law enforcement body."