Cash and Distribution Officer
Closing Date for submission of interest: 12 November 2018
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which provides help and protection to refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. The Danish Refugee Council is currently working in more than 30 countries around the world. Our work with refugees and internally displaced persons ranges from emergency aid to promotion and implementation of solutions, addressing root-causes.
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) has opened the recruitment process for the national post of the „Cash and Distribution Officer“ within the framework of the IOM/MADAD funded project „EU support to Serbia and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia in managing migration/refugee crisis/Balkan route.“
Position Title: Cash and Distribution Officer
Duration: 3 months with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Belgrade
• Plan and implement cash distribution activities;
• Collect and register beneficiary data;
• Prepare the beneficiary list and registration form to be filled during distribution;
• Register assisted beneficiaries in the distribution list;
• Support the Cash Distribution Team Leader in developing timely distribution plans;
• Ensure beneficiaries are respected and cared for during distribution activities;
• Ensure all protection concerns are met and dealt with during the distribution process including but not limited to protection mainstreaming guidelines;
• Carry out the daily / weekly / monthly work plan in close coordination with the Cash Distribution Team Leader;
• Establish and maintain transparent, functional and respectful relationships with target communities, local representatives and partners to ensure the program is well understood and expectations are in line with the program objectives;
• Monitor and evaluate on going distribution and cash based activities and report on unmet needs and gap;
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Programme Manager;
Qualification and skills:
• University degree in Social, humanitarian aid or a relevant field or equivalent work experience;
• Fluency in spoken and written English would be an asset;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to details;
• Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player;
• Understanding of gender, protection and human rights;
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
• Valid driving license.
• Minimum 2 years experience in a similar position;
• Experience on refugee/migration related issues would be an asset.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and one page motivation letter in English, including at least two contacts for references. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
"DRC recognizes the personal dignity and rights of children, towards whom it has a special responsibility and a duty of care and respect. This role falls under DRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy, which can be found at DRC.DK. As this role includes regular contact with children, the successful candidate will be asked to provide a criminal record check issued by an official law enforcement body."