N. 10/2019 -
SENIOR CASH AND DISTRIBUTION OFFICER
Closing Date for submission of interest: 25 April 2019
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which provides help and protection to refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. The Danish Refugee Council is currently working in more than 30 countries around the world. Our work with refugees and internally displaced persons ranges from emergency aid to promotion and implementation of solutions, addressing root-causes.
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) has opened the recruitment process for the national post of the „Senior Cash and Distribution Officer “within the framework of the IOM/MADAD funded project „EU support to Serbia and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia in managing migration/refugee crisis/Balkan route. “
Position Title: Senior Cash and Distribution Officer.
Duration: 2 months with possibility of extension.
Duty Station: Belgrade
• Provide Cash-Based Assistance through monthly distribution of Prepaid Debit Cards for migrants, asylum seekers and refugees hosted in the government lead centers throughout Serbia;
• Organize and supervise the assessment of potential cash assistance beneficiaries and the subsequent cash distributions, which includes, i.e., selecting a suitable distribution site, liaising with local stakeholders, preparing payments in coordination with the PM and liaising with money transfer agency, ensuring full compliance with DRC's code of conduct (transparency, accountability, independence) and cash assistance procedures;
• Liaises with other departments (and in particular with Finance and Supply Chain) to follow up on cash assistance related issues such as payments, procurement, etc.;
• Plan and implement cash distribution activities;
• Collect and register beneficiary data;
• Register assisted beneficiaries in the distribution list;
• Ensure that Protection principles and safety requirements are duly fulfilled on the field during assessments and distributions;
• Carry out the daily / weekly / monthly work plan in close coordination with the Cash Distribution Team Leader;
• Participates in relevant coordination mechanisms for cash-based programs at implementation locations;
• Serve as a focal person in the field for the DRC’s target communities, local representatives and partners for the cash and distribution activities; maintain respectful and constructive relations, and ensure regular meetings and ongoing coordination;
• Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions;
• Monitor and evaluate on going distribution and cash based activities and report on unmet needs and gap;
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Programme Manager;
Qualification and skills:
• University degree or 10 years of equivalent work experience in NGO sector;
• Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties;
• Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
• Understanding of gender, protection and human rights;
• Fluency in English is required;
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
• Valid driving license.
• 2-3 years of experience implementing cash transfer, cash for work, or cash voucher programs, or other migration-based emergency responses and NFIs programming;
• Experience in community based programming, coordination, and stakeholder analysis. Proven abilities in coordination within teams and with other stakeholders;
• Prior experience in developing program implementation work-plans, data collection and analysis, and program reporting.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and one page motivation letter in English, including at least two contacts for references. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.