VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FINANCE MANAGER
Closing Date for submission of interest: 31 July 2017
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Mission to Serbia has opened the recruitment process for the Finance Manager, who will be contribute to ensure that DRC Programmes operate in accordance with DRC's operational standards as expressed in the DRC Operations Handbook and other guidelines in the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system.
Position Title: Finance Manager
Duty Station: Belgrade, Head Office
- Providing support to the Country Director and the Senior Management Team of DRC Serbia in liaising with donors and government officials, especially as relates to issues of compliance, registration, and audit;
- Keep abreast of the local tax laws/requirements and ensure DRC is in compliance with same
- Cooperate with the DRC Serbia HR, Procurement and Administration/Logistics Department to ensure respect and timely payments of all due taxations.
- Focal point for the sharing and implementation of new tools and procedures related to the finance system;
- Supporting the planning and monitoring of the financial overview of salaries (expatriated staff) in co-ordination with DRC CPH;
- Preparing quality financial reports for HQ review and ensure timely submission to the donors;
- Developing annual fiscal year budgets with the Programme Managers and implement grant budgeting and forecasting systems with Programme Managers;
- Leading systems development and roll out of systems already developed in close cooperation and coordination with DRC's headquarters. This includes/especially related to the tools for monitoring shared expenditures, donor co-funding and decentralised book keeping and grants management systems;
- Manage/supervise day-to-day accounting functions, including regular cash verification, cash/bank reconciliation, monthly cashbooks closing, advances’ reconciliation, timely submission of accounts to HQ;
- Update and share regularly the requested financial documents, allowing an accurate/timely/safe financial management of the programme, including preparation of financial reports, respect of financial procedures as the monthly schedule for financial reporting to Country Director (CD) and HQ, donor reporting and audits, cash flow and liquidity management, legal framework and reporting relations to national authorities;
- Ensure that a financial related information is accurate and is well maintained. This includes an overall planning, budget and control of expenditures for shared operational costs, but also coordination of budgeting and expenditure related to programme implementation.
Qualification and skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economy, Accounting or Finance or Business Administration;
• Proficient in standard computer applications and various accounting and financial management software;
• Proven working knowledge of Microsoft Navision and Microsoft Dynamics 365 financial software will be an advantage;
• Strong computer skills, highly proficient with Excel;
• Proficiency in English (written and oral) is required;
• Excellent interpersonal skills (analytical, negotiation, advocacy and communication skills) are required and demonstrated ability to establish effective team and external relations, with a strong commitment to teamwork
• At least 6 years’ experience in financial management;
• At least 4 years’ financial management experience working for (or supervising) an International IO/NGO or medium-size National NGO, including demonstrated ability to perform financial management and reporting on major International Donors projects, such as EU, UNHCR, UNICEF and others, with extensive proven knowledge on International Donors rules and procedures;
• Extensive knowledge of Serbia financial procedures and national Labour Law procedures;
• Proven knowledge of International and National procurement procedures will be an advantage.
Method of application:
All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and a motivation letter in English (not exceeding three pages in total). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.