N. 1/2017 -
Workshop facilitator /The reopened vacancy
Closing Date for the submission of interest: March 13, 2017
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) Mission in Serbia has opened the recruitment process for the national posts of "Workshop facilitator" within the framework of the UNHRC funded project "Support to refugees and asylum seekers in Serbia".
Position Title: Workshop facilitator
Duration: 2 months (with possibilty of extension)
Duty Station: Asylum Center Krnjaca
- Organizes creative, educational, recreational workshops on a daily basis for refugee children in AC Krnjaca;
- Organizes English and Serbian Language Classes on a daily basis for children and adults;
- Maintains regular cooperation and coordination with DRC/UNHCR in order to raise awareness to the Asylum Seekers needs and possible further activities to develop children’s social skills and to prevent deterioration of the mental health of refugees;
- Reports immediately to the DRC Medical Program Coordinator on the activity progress and any difficulties or potential deviations from the original project;
- Prepares monthly reports on the project progress;
- Performs any other duties as assigned by DRC Medical Program Coordinator.
Qualification and skills:
• Bachelor degree in Philology – department of Serbian language and literature, second language English (grade B2) or department of English language and literature, Serbian -native;
• Ability to develop and adapt classroom materials to meet children needs;
• Monitoring and reporting skills;
• Great communication and presentation skills, ability to motivate children;
• Familiarity with child rights, as part of human rights protection, displacement situations;
• Culture, gender, age sensitivity;
• Computer literate.
Method of application:
All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to email@example.com with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and a motivation letter in English (not exceeding three pages in total). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.