Closing Date for submission of interest: 11 October 2018
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) Mission in Serbia has opened the recruitment process for the national posts of "MBC Officer" within the framework of the UNICEF funded project "Child friendly spaces / Mother and Baby Corners – support to refugee children". The main objective of the project is: Psycho-social support, emergency supplies and access to protection and information rights to refugee children and their families provided through child friendly space and Mother and Baby Corners.
Position Title: MBC Officer (50% of the time).
Duration: 2.5 months
Duty Station: Asylum Center Sjenica.
• Establish contacts with families in order to inform them about all existing planned activities in the Mother and Baby Corner, as well as contribution and benefits that MBC could provide to babies and mothers;
• Supervise and support MBC nurses in everyday work;
• Ensure a safe and child-friendly atmosphere within the Mother and Baby Corner;
• Organize creative, educational, recreational workshops for mothers and pregnant women in order to provide structured time for mothers within asylum centre, as well as to provide opportunity for mothers to learn about health, including nutrition and ECD topics;
• Organize MBC daily activities in close coordination with MBC Coordinator;
• Submitting a written and statistic reports to the Mother and Baby Corner Coordinator on a regular basis.
• Supervise and support food distribution, ensure timely placed orders of baby food and reporting.
• Monitoring distribution of food items in accordance with UNICEF standards and Institute of Public Health of Serbia recommendations and cooperation with all actors in the field regarding food system;
• Monitoring NFI distribution;
• Liaise with Primary health centre medical team, SCRM management staff and other stakeholders if needed to ensure referrals and maintenance of the MBC.
• Submitting statistic reports of food items and NFI, keeping records and archiving documentation
Qualification and skills
• University education in health, nutrition, and related areas, or degree in natural or social sciences coupled with relevant working experience
• Written and spoken proficiency in Serbian. Farsi, Arabic and English language is asset
• Ability to work flexible working hours.
• The ability to provide safe and effective child development activities;
• Familiarity with child rights, as part of human rights protection, displacement situations;
• Strong communication skills
• Culture, gender, age sensitivity
• Computer skills.
• Previous experience in Mother and Baby Corner service provision is the strong asset
• Proven experience in working with children;
• Proven experience in work in public health area (e.g. nutrition, GBV etc., health promotion)
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to email@example.com with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and a motivation letter in English (not exceeding three pages), including at least two references. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
"DRC recognizes the personal dignity and rights of children, towards whom it has a special responsibility and a duty of care and respect. This role falls under DRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy, which can be found at DRC.DK. As this role includes regular contact with children, the successful candidate will be asked to provide a criminal record check issued by an official law enforcement body."