N.07/2018 - ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
Closing Date for submission of interest: 22 June 2018
DRC is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC provides assistance and protection to conflict-affected persons of concern in Europe, Asia, Africa and Middle East. The assistance can consist of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and support to returning home, and the promotion of durable solutions.
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) has opened the recruitment process for various national posts in Bosnia and Herzegovina, within the framework of the programme contributing to enhance the humanitarian response to the refugee/migration crisis.
Position Title: Finance Officer
Duration: 6 months
Duty Station: Sarajevo
- Assign and monitor clerical, administrative and secretarial responsibilities and tasks among office staff;
- Pick up mail from post office daily and coordinate outgoing mailings Manage office, maintain office supplies and equipment;
- Answer telephone, transfer calls and greet visitors to the office;
- Organizing the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment;
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/office administrative systems;
- Ensure that all documentation is prepared in a transparent and accountable manner and that project staff is provided regular updates on relevant information;
- Checks, collects and maintains a variety of financial and other records and documents;
- Keep copy of vouchers and scanning during each period submit to Admin/finance Manager;
- Control that field vouchers are acceptable;
- Maintain a filing system that is clear, up to date and in accordance with the DRC Operations Handbook filing guidelines;
- Performs other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
Qualification and skills:
- Relevant university degree or similar education;
- Fluency in written and spoken B/C/S language is required for this assignment;
- Fluency in speaking and writing skill in national languages and English is required;
- Good communication skills and ability to work cooperatively with team;
- Flexible approach to manage and prioritize a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines;
- Ability to work in a challenging environment and to travel extensively in targeted areas;
- Willingness and ability to work in multicultural and difﬁcult environments, sometimes in stressful and critical situations;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft word, Microsoft excel and outlook is required;
- Valid driving license would be an asset.
- At least 2-3 years experience in the field of administration;
- Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental organizations will be an asset.
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and a motivation letter in English (not exceeding three pages in total). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.