N.06/2018 - FINANCE OFFICER
Closing Date for submission of interest: 22 June 2018
DRC is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC provides assistance and protection to conflict-affected persons of concern in Europe, Asia, Africa and Middle East. The assistance can consist of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and support to returning home, and the promotion of durable solutions.
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) has opened the recruitment process for various national posts in Bosnia and Herzegovina, within the framework of the programme contributing to enhance the humanitarian response to the refugee/migration crisis.
Position Title: Finance Officer
Duration: 6 months
Duty Station: Sarajevo
- To ensure timely payments according to properly documented and authorized requests, including national staff salaries and suppliers/partners' invoices;
- To manage the cash flow, ensuring cash needs of the office are met and cash forecast is provided to the Finance Manager on a monthly basis;
- Ensure that all transactions are properly coded to respective grants and budget lines are accurate and all the approval were respected;
- Ensure that all financial records and accounts are compiled timely, accurately and in line with DRC financial policies and procedures;
- Maintain an effective filing system and ensure that supporting documents are complete and organized accordance to DRC and donor procedures and available for inspection as required;
- Maintain per-payments and accrual file and ensure they are amortized to donors;
- Follow the track of budget lines put in place by Finance Manager and ensure lines are not overspent during or after grant period;
- Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, provide necessary information requested by auditors;
- To undertake some administrative and finance tasks and any other duties related to the nature of the position as instructed by the Finance Manager.
Qualification and skills:
- University degree in Accounting, Business, finance or related area;
- Fluency in written and spoken B/C/S language is required for this assignment;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal;
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems;
- Excellent accounting and financial skills;
- Ability to work in a challenging environment and to travel extensively in targeted areas;
- Willingness and ability to work in multicultural and difﬁcult environments, sometimes in stressful and critical situations;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
- Valid driving license would be an asset.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in a similar position.
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to email@example.com with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and a motivation letter in English (not exceeding three pages in total). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.