Closing Date for submission of interest: 10 August 2018
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) Mission in Serbia has opened the recruitment process for the national posts of "Child Facilitator" within the framework of the UNICEF funded project "Child friendly spaces – support to refugee children". The main objective of the project is: Psycho-social support, access to protection and information rights to refugee children and their families provided through Child Friendly Space and Mother and Mother and Baby Corners in up to five Reception Centers in the Republic of Serbia.
Position Title: Child Facilitator.
Duration: 2 months
Duty Station: Asylum Center Krnjaca.
- Establish contacts with families in order to inform them about all existing planned activities in the Child Friendly Space, as well as contribution and benefits that CFS could provide to children and parents;
- Supervise and support children's play activities;
- Organizes creative, educational, recreational workshops on a daily basis for refugee children on duty stations, conducts a daily visual assessment of the children and ensures a variety of structured games and activities within the Child Friendly Space, catering to the needs of children of different ages, genders and abilities;
- Ensure that children feel comfortable, safe and respected;
- Liaise with parents and the community regularly to keep them informed of any developments or problems within the Child Friendly space and surrounding areas;
- Submitting a written and statistic reports to the Project Coordinator on a daily basis;
- Actively contributes to non-formal education activities, including but not limited to - development of weekly education plans, adapting education plans to the needs and constraints of the target group and facilitation of the non-formal education program itself;
- Actively contributes, in close cooperation with Serbian Commissariat for Refugees and Migrations, to activities related to formal education of children, including but not limited to - escorting children to and back elementary/secondary schools, providing assistance to school teachers in inclusion of beneficiaries into formal education, keep abreast with children school programme and providing key inputs for creating synergy with non-formal education program (catch-up classes, homework groups, one-to one coaching, educational workshops etc.),serve as information focal point regarding status of children enrolled into formal education.
Qualification and skills:
- Bachelor degree in Teacher Training Faculty, Pedagogy, Psychology, Special Education, Social Sciences or similar - MA preferred;
- English is an asset;
- Familiarity with child rights, as part of human rights protection, displacement situations;
- Culture, gender, age sensitivity;
- Computer skills.
- At least 2 years professional experience in working with children;
- Proven experience in working with children on the position of the Child Facilitator, Pedagogue, Teacher, etc., performing tasks listed above;
- Proven experience in non-formal/formal education will be considered as an asset.
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to email@example.com with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and one page motivation letter in English, including at least two contacts for references. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
"DRC recognizes the personal dignity and rights of children, towards whom it has a special responsibility and a duty of care and respect. This role falls under DRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy, which can be found at DRC.DK. As this role includes regular contact with children, the successful candidate will be asked to provide a criminal record check issued by an official law enforcement body."