Closing Date for submission of interest: 13 July 2018
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) Mission in Serbia has opened the recruitment process for the national posts of "Psychologist" within the framework of the EURTF Madad funded project "EU support to Serbia and the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia in managing migration/refugee crisis/Balkan route."
Position Title: Psychologist.
Duration: 6 months
Duty Station: Head office Belgrade with frequent travels within Serbia .
- To supervise the psychologists and monitor access of persons of concern to mental health-care services;
- To undertake consultation with the psychologists and medical teams regarding the mental health condition and treatment of persons of concern;
- To do medical assessment of persons of concern with mental health needs in close cooperation with the psychologists and medical teams and to ensure treatment with the national health-care system;
- To conduct referrals and follow–up of persons of concern with mental health needs in close cooperation with the psychologists and medical teams and the National health-care system, as well as with organizations supporting refugees and persons in need of international protection;
- To analyze the information came from the field and prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports;
- To performs any other duties as assigned by Medical Program Coordinator.
Qualification and skills:
- University degree in psychology;
- Excellent spoken and written English and relevant computer skills;
- Full respect for beneficiaries/organization confidentiality;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and respect for people with special needs and other vulnerability;
- Relevant professional experience of not less than 2 (two) years, with emphasis on psychological counseling work in relation to vulnerable populations;
- Familiarity/prior experience with DRC and its persons of concern (including internally displaced persons, refugees, returnees) would be a distinct advantage;
- An understanding of humanitarian issues in Serbia and the region.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and one page motivation letter in English, including at least two contacts for references. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.