N.05/2018 - MEDICAL PROJECT OFFICER
Closing Date for submission of interest: 22 June 2018
DRC is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC provides assistance and protection to conflict-affected persons of concern in Europe, Asia, Africa and Middle East. The assistance can consist of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and support to returning home, and the promotion of durable solutions.
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) has opened the recruitment process for various national posts in Bosnia and Herzegovina, within the framework of the programme contributing to enhance the humanitarian response to the refugee/migration crisis.
Position Title: Medical Project Officer
Duration: 6 months
Duty Station: Various locations, including Sarajevo, Mostar and Bihac.
- Support the Medical Project Coordinator in effective project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation process;
- Undertake regular field monitoring visits and provide support to Persons of Concern and as well as other project stakeholders as per the project activities planned;
- Providing medical care to beneficiaries in the Refugee centers, be present and contactable within the hospital at all times during periods of duty;
- Assisting in planning and organising the delivery of clinical services; Plan and coordinate logistics together with the Medical Project Coordinator for project activities implementation in the Project areas;
- Provide operational information to the Medical Project Coordinator according to existing planning or on adjustment on a daily basis;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification and skills:
- The Degree of Doctor of Medicine is required;
- Fluency in written and spoken B/C/S language is required for this assignment;
- Strong reporting and communication skills in English;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality and beneficiary focus;
- Ability to work in a challenging environment and to travel extensively in targeted areas;
- Willingness and ability to work in multicultural and difﬁcult environments, sometimes in stressful and critical situations;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
- Valid driving license.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in the health / hospital sector;
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to email@example.com with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and a motivation letter in English (not exceeding three pages in total). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.