N.04/2018 - MEDICAL PROJECT COORDINATOR
Closing Date for submission of interest: 22 June 2018
DRC is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC provides assistance and protection to conflict-affected persons of concern in Europe, Asia, Africa and Middle East. The assistance can consist of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and support to returning home, and the promotion of durable solutions.
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) has opened the recruitment process for various national posts in Bosnia and Herzegovina, within the framework of the programme contributing to enhance the humanitarian response to the refugee/migration crisis.
Position Title: Medical Project Coordinator
Duration: 6 months
Duty Station: Sarajevo
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Program, the Medical Project Coordinator will be responsible for the overall review, planning and implementation of project healthcare activities. The Medical Project Coordinator will be working in complex and challenging environments with limited resources. He / She will manage the assignment, coordinate the work of team members under his/her supervision, as applicable and work in partnerships with the Medical Programme Coordinator to the best interests of the mission.
- Planning, developing, administering, coordinating and monitoring implementation of health program and essential services;
- Actively advocates for medical needs of vulnerable persons of concern and conducts referral for those in need of specialized healthcare treatment in a strong co-ordination with health care authorities at all levels and in particular, the local health institutions level;
- Perform regular field visits to the Refugee Centers in order to monitor the level of access to the health services;
- Regularly liaises and communicates with all other relevant national and international medical personnel and departments on relevant medical issues concerning the Refugee centers. In particular, responsible for regularly monitoring and reporting on the general health situation in the refugee centers;
- Regularly plans, organizes and conducts medical meetings to inform all concerned partners about relevant medical and/or health developments that either concerns the safe conduct of mine action operations or the general health situation in the refugee centers;
- Maintains a financial and administration control system for payments committed and released by DRC related to the Project implementation;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification and skills:
- The Degree of Doctor of Medicine is required;
- Fluency in written and spoken B/C/S language is required for this assignment;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Ability to work in a challenging environment and to travel extensively in targeted areas;
- Excellent monitoring and reporting skills;
- Willingness and ability to work in multicultural and difﬁcult environments, sometimes in stressful and critical situations;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
- Valid driving license.
- Minimum 4-5 years of professional experience in medical and treatment issues, with an international and/or local organisation or Government institution, on refugee/migration related issues;
- Previous management and leadership experience in humanitarian emergency set-ups will be an asset;
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to email@example.com with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and a motivation letter in English (not exceeding three pages in total). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.