Closing Date for submission of interest: 22 June 2018
DRC is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC provides assistance and protection to conflict-affected persons of concern in Europe, Asia, Africa and Middle East. The assistance can consist of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and support to returning home, and the promotion of durable solutions.
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) has opened the recruitment process for various national posts in Bosnia and Herzegovina, within the framework of the programme contributing to enhance the humanitarian response to the refugee/migration crisis.
Position Title: Protection Officer
Duration: 6 months
Duty Station: Various locations, including Sarajevo, Mostar and Bihac.
- Monitoring and reporting on the refugees' situation at border crossings and at various locations; Monitor and ensure the effective outreach for persons with protection needs, prioritizing the most vulnerable and difficult to identify;
- Ensure cross-sectorial Protection Mainstreaming, and in particular Protection Mainstreaming within the DRC implemented Medical Program;
- Provide adequate assistance to Persons with Specific Needs (PWSN) focusing on: women at risk (with particular focus on GBV survivors), children at risk (and in particular UASC), persons with disabilities, elderly persons, etc, in line with international standards and best practices;
- Identify protection cases and other service needs and ensure timely referral and follow up, documenting all cases referred by DRC to other service providers, as per DRC standards for referrals and data protection;
- Work in close coordination with the team members to ensure protection activities are in line with overall projects and targets for protection activities are met;
- Reporting on incidents and issue of concern;
- Contribute and support effective monitoring, evaluation and learning processes and initiatives, ensure effective data and information management and contribute to regular reporting on protection activities;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification and skills:
- Bachelors degree (University Degree in Law or Political/Social Science or similar subject);
- Fluency in written and spoken B/C/S language is required for this assignment;
- Written and spoken proficiency in English;
- Flexibility and commitment to work long hours in the field;
- Available to extensive travel;
- Excellent monitoring and reporting skills;
- Fully familiar with human rights protection and displacement related issues; Knowledge of and commitment to principles of confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination, safety and inclusion; Culture and gender sensitivity;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
- Valid driving license;
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or Farsi language would be an asset.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience, with an international and/or local organization or Government institution, on refugee/migration related issues;
- Previous experience in humanitarian crisis would be an asset.
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to email@example.com with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and a motivation letter in English (not exceeding three pages in total). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.