Closing Date for submission of interest: 29th January 2016
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) Mission in Serbia has opened the recruitment process for various national posts within the framework of the programme contributing to enhance the humanitarian response to the refugee/migration crisis in Serbia.
DRC implement the project “Child friendly spaces – support to refugee children”, funded by UNICEF.
The main objective of the project is: Psycho-social support, emergency supplies and access to protection and information rights to refugee children and their families provided through child friendly spaces and breastfeeding corners.
Position Title: Child Facilitator
Duration: 1 month (with possiblity of extension)
Duty Station: South Serbia
- To welcome mothers and babies at the entrance to the Mother and baby corner and inform them about assistance they can get;
- To provide winterization items to mothers and babies;
- Establish contacts with families on the field/park in order to inform them about all existing planed activities in the Mother and baby corner, as well as contribution and benefits that Mother and baby corner could provide to children and mother;
- Supervise nurses in their daily activities;
- Conduct a daily visual assessment of the needs of the babies for winterization items;
- Ensure that mother and babies feel welcome and safe;
Qualification and skills
- High School, Early Age Education of Medical High School would be an asset;
- Written and spoken proficiency in Serbian;
- Commitment to work long hours in the field;
- Familiarity with child rights, as part of human rights protection, displacement situations;
- Culture, gender, age sensitivity;
- Computer skills;
- Proven experience in working with children in similar activities;
- Relevant working experience in the sector;
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to email@example.com with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and a motivation letter in English (not exceeding three pages). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.