CHILD PROTECTION OFFICER
Closing Date for submission of interest: 22nd January 2016
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) Mission in Serbia has opened the recruitment process for various national posts within the framework of the programme contributing to enhance the humanitarian response to the refugee/migration crisis in Serbia.
DRC implement the project “Child friendly spaces – support to refugee children”, funded by UNICEF.
The main objective of the project is: Psycho-social support, emergency supplies and access to protection and information rights to refugee children and their families provided through child friendly spaces and breastfeeding corners.
Position Title: Child Protection Officer
Duration: 1 month (with possiblity of extension)
Duty Station: South Serbia
- Establish contacts with mothers of children at the Child Friendly Space/Mother and baby corner in order to support them;
- Gathers, selects and analyses information on child protection contained in communications with mothers and children (information about their travelling experience as refugees and their needs during the trip and now);
- Be the first point of contact for parents and children on any issues concerning the well-being of children in the field;
- Identify any needs of Child Protection for children and mothers;
- Referring children and their families to appropriate services and ensuring the referral is applied;
- Manage basic/social counselling, awareness, guidance and emotional support if needed;
- To be approachable with friendly manner for mothers and children, to be good listener and to be able to communicate clearly and effectively;
- Ensure that winterization are ordered and delivered in a timely manner;
- Prepare regular reports on the activities implemented and future plans.
Qualification and skills
- Bachelor degree in Social Science or similar subject;
- Written and spoken proficiency in Serbian;
- Commitment to work long hours in the field;
- Monitoring and reporting skills;
- Familiarity with child rights, as part of human rights protection, displacement situations;
- Culture, gender, age sensitivity;
- Computer skills
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience;
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and a motivation letter in English (not exceeding three pages). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.