Closing Date for submission of interest: 11 November 2016
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) Mission in Serbia has opened the recruitment process for the national posts of "IT Officer" within the framework of the UNICEF funded project "Child friendly spaces – support to refugee children".
Position Title: IT Officer
Duration: 1 month (with possibility of extension)
Duty Station: Sid
- Conducting educational IT workshops with beneficiaries and promoting responsible use of IT technology;
- Overseeing appropriate use of website content; especially ensuring child safety on the internet
- Design and implement IT Corner activities in a beneficiary friendly manner, while taking proactive role in providing opportunity for beneficiaries to learn and to develop new IT skills,
- Ensuring provision of a responsive, high quality service delivery at IT Corner;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks at IT Corner;
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and applications;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- Ensure that IT corner’s procedures are followed and adhered to;
- Keep IT corner equipment, storage area and work area clean and organized.
Qualification and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree within information technologies, or substantial working experience within relevant fields;
- Good knowledge of network technologies and Windows;
- Ability to develop training material and provide beneficiaries trainings
- Excellent analytical and communication skills and a creative and problem-solving attitude;
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues;
- Advanced level of English language;
- Excellent beneficiaries service skills;
- Strong sense for humanitarian situation and cultural sensitivity.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience;
Method of application:
All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to email@example.com with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and a motivation letter in English (not exceeding three pages). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.