Closing Date for submission of interest: 7 October 2016, 12:00h
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) Mission in Serbia is looking for a qualified candidate that has the skills to engage in our organization as a Procurement Officer in order to support all active DRC Program procurement requirements depending on the existing needs according to DRC set guidance and standard operating procedures.
Position Title: Procurement officer
Duration: 6 months
Duty Station: Belgrade
- Ensure that all procurement processes meet the provisions of the DRC and Donor Procurement guidelines;
- Conduct all necessary procurement activities in cooperation with the Program and Procurement staff, support procurement processes, provide procurement advice to program and support staff, provide respective follow up of procurement contracts;
- Assist in managing the procurement processes respecting the principles of fairness, transparency competitiveness and equality;
- Be able to use legally established professional and transparent procurement policies and procedures;
- Contribute to the development, updating and compilation of procurement documentation, including procurement plan, tender dossier (Service, Works, Supply), necessary evaluation reports, procurement tables;
- Perform administrative work related to procurement activities and contracting;
- Perform related work as required.
Qualification and skills:
- Bachelor degree in Law or Economics;
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication in English both written and oral;
- Proven ability to manage large varied workloads and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations at all levels;
- Experience in providing inputs to proposals and donor reports in procurement;
- Excellent MS Excel and MS Word skills;
- Culture and gender sensitivity.
- Minimum one year of proven experience with the various standard/basic procurement procedures and necessary documentation filing;
- Proven experience in working within EU funded projects;
- Proven experience with contract management and legal frameworks;
- Previous working experience in refugee settings will be considered as a strong advantage.
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to email@example.com with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and a motivation letter in English (not exceeding three pages). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.