Closing Date for submission of interest: 18 September 2016
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) Mission in Serbia has opened the recruitment process for the national posts of "Recreation Facilitator" within the framework of the UNICEF funded project "Child friendly spaces – support to refugee children".
Position Title: Recreation Facilitator (part time)
Duration: 1 month with possibility of extension.
Duty Station: Sid
- Assess the recreation requirements of the beneficiaries;
- Communicate with refugee children and youth to determine their needs and interests;
- Prepare and implement recreational activities schedules;
- Handle development and implementation of programs according to age and capability of beneficiary group;
- Schedule, lead and supervise recreational activities;
- Encourage beneficiaries to participate in activities by showing them how they are done;
- Ensure a variety of sport and recreation programs are planned and implemented;
- Provide participants with lists of rules and regulations for each activity that they are involved in;
- Assist with and facilitate local involvement in recreational activities within RAP Bujanovac.
- Provide reports about recreation programs and activities.
Qualification and skills
- Bachelor degree in Sport and Physical Education; A relevant work experience may substitute for formal education;
- Medium level in written and spoken English;
- Commitment to work long hours in the field;
- Good interpersonal skills; demonstrated leadership and ability to work with multidisciplinary groups, and culturally diverse populations;
- Monitoring and reporting skills;
- Culture, gender, age sensitivity;
- Computer skills.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience;
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and a motivation letter in English (not exceeding three pages). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.