Closing date for submission of interest: 16 September 2016
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) Mission in Serbia has opened the recruitment process for the national posts of "Child Protection Officer/Pedagogue" within the framework of the UNICEF funded project "Child friendly spaces – support to refugee children".
Position Title: Child Protection Officer/Pedagogue
Duration: 1 month with possibility of extension.
Duty Station: Presevo/Bujanovac
- Support DRC CFS and MBC staff to plan and deliver high quality educational workshop plans for working with children in emergency setting;
- Ensure mechanisms for early identification and effective inclusive intervention for refugee children who are vulnerable, taking into account children with disabilities and unaccompanied minors;
- Provide mentoring support to CFS and MBC staff in service provision, related to implemention of developed curricula;
- Develop curricula that takes into account specific age and individual needs of the children by creating a favorable social and emotional climate and by structuring an environment that meets the needs of a children in emergency setting;
- Ensure that working with different cultures is a crosscutting issue that is integrated into CFS curricula;
- Encourage and support opportunities to share good practice within the CFS and MBC;
- Develop clear educational plans that are supportive to children in their mental and social development;
- Manage basic/social counselling, awareness, guidance and emotional support if needed;
- To be approachable with friendly manner for mothers and children, to be good listener and to be able to communicate clearly and effectively;
- Prepare regular reports on the activities implemented and future plans.
Qualification and skills
- Bachelor degree in Pedagogy;
- Written and spoken proficiency in Serbian and English;
- Writting and speaking Arabic would be an asset;
- Commitment to work long hours in the field;
- Monitoring and reporting skills;
- Familiarity with child rights, as part of human rights protection, displacement situations;
- Culture, gender, age sensitivity;
- Computer skills
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience;
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to email@example.com with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and a motivation letter in English (not exceeding three pages). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.