Closing Date for submission of interest: 30 August 2016
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) Mission in Serbia has opened the recruitment process for the national posts of "Child Facilitator" within the framework of the UNICEF funded project "Child friendly spaces – support to refugee children". The main objective of the project is: Psycho-social support, emergency supplies and access to protection and information rights to refugee children and their families provided through child friendly space.
Position Title: Child Facilitator
Duration: 1 month with possibility of extension.
Duty Station: Sid
- Establish contacts with familiesin order to inform them about all existing planed activities in the Child Friendly Space, as well as contribution and benefits that CFS could provide to children and mother;
- Supervise and support children's play activities;
- Ensure a safe and child-friendly atmosphere within the Child Friendly Space;
- Facilitate workshops for children;
- Conduct a daily visual assessment of the children and ensure a variety of structured games and activities within the Child Friendly Space, catering to the needs of children of different ages, genders and abilities;
- Ensure that children feel comfortable, safe and respected;
- Liaise with parents and the community regularly to keep them informed of any developments or problems within the Child Friendly Space and surrounding areas;
- Submitting a written and statistic reports to the Child Friendly Space Coordinator on a daily basis.
Qualification and skills
- Bachelor degree in Early Age education or High (secondary) school with relevant work experience;
- Written and spoken proficiency in Serbian;
- Commitment to work long hours in the field;
- Familiarity with child rights, as part of human rights protection, displacement situations;
- Culture, gender, age sensitivity;
- Computer skills;
- Driving licence (active driver)
- Proven experience in working with children in similar activities;
- Relevant working experience in the sector;
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and a motivation letter in English (not exceeding three pages). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.