Closing Date for submission of interest: 28 July 2016
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) Mission in Serbia has opened the recruitment process for various national posts within the framework of the programme contributing to enhance the humanitarian response to the refugee/migration crisis in Serbia.
Position Title: Protection Officer
Duration: 4 months
Duty Stations: Belgrade and Sid
- Monitoring and reporting on the refugees’ situation at border crossings and at various locations throughout Serbia
- Conducting extensive outreach activities, including provision of information
- Reporting on incidents and issue of concern
- Liaising with Government national and local institutions, UNHCR, and all relevant international and national stakeholders
Qualification and skills:
- Bachelors degree (University Degree in Law or Political/Social Science or similar subject)
- Written and spoken proficiency in English and Serbian
- Flexibility and commitment to work long hours in the field
- Available to extensive travel across Serbia
- Excellent monitoring and reporting skills
- Fully familiar with human rights protection and displacement related issues
- Culture and gender sensitivity
- Advanced computer skills
- Valid driving licence
- Knowledge of Arabic would be an asset
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience, with an international and/or local organisation or Government institution, on refugee/migration related issues
- Knowledge of the institutions of Serbia
- Previous experience in humanitarian crisis would be an asset.
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and a motivation letter in English (not exceeding three pages in total). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.