Closing Date for submission of interest: 16th February 2016
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) Mission in Serbia has opened the recruitment process for various national posts within the framework of the programme contributing to enhance the humanitarian response to the refugees/migration crisis in Serbia.
DRC implement the project "Support to Refugees and Asylum Seekers in Serbia" funded by UNHCR. The specific objectives of the proposed projects are: Services for persons with specific needs strengthened and reception conditions improved.
Position Title: Medical Officer
Duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Duty Station: Presevo
- Ensure access to health care services for refugees/persons in need of international protection in the One Stop Centre Presevo and Refugee Aid Point in Miratovac in close cooperation and strong coordination with the responsible medical teams
- Ensure that medical services are consistent with the medical needs and standards operating procedures;
- Adhere to and supporting practices that ensure beneficiaries rights are respected;
- Cooperate and coordinate with other organizations providing health services to refugees;
Qualification and skills
- University Degree in Medicine;
- Good knowledge of English and Serbian;
- Flexibility and commitment to work long hours and in the field;
- Monitoring and reporting skills;
- Good knowledge on refugee/migration issues;
- Solution-oriented attitude;
- Culture and gender sensitivity;
- Advanced Computer skills;
- Valid driving licence;
- Relevant working experience in health institutions and/or organizations related to provision of health services;
Method of application: All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below. Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and a motivation letter in English (not exceeding three pages). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.